If you receive an ‘authentication’ error when trying to log in as ‘sysadmin’ when trying to log in to the UIM web interface, then this is due to the sysadmin account being locked. This can be caused by entering an incorrect password more than 5 times although I have seen this happen off a straight reboot.
To resolve this issue:
- Log in to the UIM server.
- Open browser (assuming you have this available).
- navigate to http://uim.local:8880/jmx-console.
- In the filter box enter VC and click search.
- Select service=SecurityService
- Locate Void resetMasterAdminUser() and click invoke.
This will unlock the sysadmin user. It may also be worth restarting the vcmaster service to ensure that UIM picks up the unlocked account.