There has been a ton of hype over this years top virtualization blogs.
Ive had this blog for a couple of years but this is the first year that ive featured in the top blogs. vmackem.co.uk ranked at #256.
While this may not seem the highest, im actually really pleased. There were 320 blogs in the running and I would have been happy to come anywhere in the list. Ive not blogged much since I joined my current company which has been a combination of having a lot less time and trying to remain impartial and not seem like a ‘corporate blogger’ (ref to a argument I saw on twitter between Chris Evans and Duncan Epping).
While there are a ton of interesting things that have come out of today list, I wanted to highlight a few things that caught my eye.
- at #297 is a good friend of mine Michael Armstrong over at http://www.m80arm.co.uk/ chuffed to see him listed and I highly recommend you check out his posts as he is without doubt a future vStar.
- Great to see my college Kendrick Coleman go up 6 places http://kendrickcoleman.com/
- No massive shock in the top ten in my opinion but I think http://www.yellow-bricks.com/ is yet again well deserved number 1. I think it will take some doing to take that crown away as Duncan is number 1 by a long long way.
- The Brown Bags podcasts http://professionalvmware.com/brownbags/ at number 1 I think is about right
- But im ecstatic to see the vSoup guys http://vsoup.net/ get #2 in the podcast section. Ive been involved in a number of vSoup episodes http://vsoup.net/2012/03/vsoup-cats-and-nazis-21/ & http://vsoup.net/2011/07/vsoup-special-edition-4-vsphere-5-launch-day/ & http://vsoup.net/2011/03/vsoup-failure-rate-6/ and being involved back in the early days im proud to see the podcast go to the level it has.
- Maybe they will even have me back on one day but with the caliber of guest they get now I may sound like a novice.
Well done to everyone that featured in the list. The level of self sacrifice and effort that goes into this community is simply awesome and long may it continue to grow.
Last but not least this wouldn’t happen at all with out the efforts of Eric Siebert and the crew putting all this together.
Now to get my blogging cap on and try and get up the ladder for next year!!